Social media is the new word-of-mouth. When you know how to use it, you can get more customers to come to your business and thereby increase your sales and profits to make your business grow faster. Today, my focus is on how to market your business on Facebook for free. I have chosen Facebook because 50% of the world’s population is on Facebook. You can be sure your customers will also be there.
Your starting point: beautiful designs
Use free websites like Canva to design flyers, posters, Facebook posts etc. that you can use as marketing materials. If you are a designer, Canva Pro will give you unlimited ways to create professional flyers, posters, logos, business cards, and many other things for your business. However, you can also use the free version of Canva to design Facebook posts, flyers and posters. Canva will also allow you to upload your own pictures and videos to use in designs.
1. Promote your products and services
You can also use Canva to create a flyer for each separate product telling people about the benefits of the product. Then start sharing them on your personal Facebook page. You can showcase the products as a group of pictures in 1 post, or you can share them 1 by 1.
2. Give discounts on special occasions
Use Canva to create professional looking flyers to offer discounts to new customers. Read this post to find out 10 easy strategies to attract new customers. Or offer discounts to anyone buying more than a certain amount. Share the flyer on Facebook and tell people they will get the discount when they show it to you on their phone.
Don’t forget to give discounts for special occasions. For example: Easter, Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Eid al-Fitr, New Year’s Day and Independence Day.
You can also give discounts on personal holidays. For example: offer a discount every year on the day of your child’s birthday.
3. Give package deal discounts to get more sales
Is your business selling many different products? You can create a package deal discount if people buy 3 or more different items. For example, you offer a 15% discount if somebody buys an inkt cartridge, A4 paper and a 10-pack of pens. Or a 10% discount on shoe polish and shoe brushes for anybody who buys 1 pair of shoes.
4. Feature satisfied customers to promote your business
If your customers are willing, you can take 1 or 2 pictures of them while they are showing your product. You can also create a short video (30 – 60 seconds max!) where they explain what they like about the product (or service). This is called “social proof”.
- You can then use these pictures or videos as marketing for your business.
- You can also use them to create a discount to encourage more people to buy from you.
- You can turn this into an exclusive feature. For example: only showcase your most loyal customers. Or only feature customers who spend a certain amount.
If you have enough exclusives, you can do it every week. If not, maybe every 1-2 months to celebrate special customers. People will start sharing it with their friends so don’t forget to add your business name and contact information.
5. Do an online raffle draw
You can use Facebook to organise a raffle draw for a certain product or service. Make sure to use a nicely designed flyer or post.
- Use Canva to design a flyer offering a free product or service and ask people to like the post to enter the competition. Tell them when the raffle will end and when you will announce the winner.
- You can also ask them to leave a comment saying what the best thing is about the product.
At the end of the given time, choose 1 name to be the winner. Invite the winner to come to your business to receive their prize. Make sure to take pictures of the prize handout so that you can use the pictures again to promote your business!
You can repeat the raffle anytime you want. Maybe once every month?